Saturday, March 03, 2007

Stop me before I blog again: Part Six

Alright -- it's pretty clear that I am not as good at self control
-- as I am at time-wasting
-- so

here's yet another blog

-- this one being a kind of oral history of life in the People's Republic.

I know it seems that I've become obsessed with things Chinese -- and maybe I've always been fated to have this interest (there was only ONE Chinese girl in my 1960's high school class back in Cincinnati -- and yes, I dated her)

I can only say ... that I hope to eventually become obsessed with many other parts of the world as well.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How astonishing!

I just imagine China could keep you busy for a few years...

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Sir G said...

there are a few girls there one could attempt to date.

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Chris, you are suffused with creative energy!

Not only are you spawning blogs, you're delving deeper into 中國, trolling back through my own nascent blog-steps -- and museum-going, art-creating, etcetera-ishing
on top of all that!

I've heard the Internet rewards obsession -- if so, we're all in for more treats, eh?

:-)

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Robert said...

She clearly made an impression but not all on one date I assume!

March 04, 2007  
Blogger Sir G said...

you are incorrigible!

March 04, 2007  
Blogger chris miller said...

To which I can only say: yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Yes,I am incorrigible

Yes,the internet does reward obsession

Yes, this could keep me busy for a few years

Yes, there are more Chinese girls in China than in Cincinnati, Ohio

And yes -- I did take MeiMei out on more than one date -- and have maintained intermittent contact over the many years that followed. She and her husband even visited my shop once, about five years ago. They have two beautiful daughters, one of whom is a champion fencer whom they accompany to tournaments around the world.

March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<