Monday, January 22, 2007

I apologize



I apologize to those readers looking here for my usual astute commentary on the visual arts -- but our lives in this world are so temporal -- and time, at least in Chicago -- is marked so consistently by the success of its football team -- that I had mention this milestone in passing: i.e.

BEARS WIN!
BEARS WIN!
BEARS WIN!



Alright -- you're from other cities -- you could give a damn -- but for me, no image could be more compelling than that of a man in an orange and blue jersey barreling through the snowflakes into the endzone (the snowflakes being evidence of that notorious "bear weather" that so confuses and disorients opponents from warmer, more hospitable climes.

BEARS WIN!
BEARS WIN!
BEARS WIN!



ahhh -- I've got that out of my system now -- and don't worry -- it won't happen for another 20 years (and if, perchance, it does -- I don't think I'm going to care.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could say the same of our Cricket team downunder!

January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<