Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Bengt Lindstrom








Biegga Galles, God of the Storm Wind












As it turns out -- I'm a big fan of the Swedish painter,
 Bengt Lindstrom (1925-2008)


His stuff drives me crazy.

I wrote about his show here .

Below are some more pictures that I took.

The American contemporary artworld
being what it is,
 chances are I will never see his work again.










The Nordic God, Thor









Little Red Riding Hood
(with a rather crocodilian wolf)











student work,  Art Institute of  Chicago



self portrait, 1970's









The Nordic God, Loke




Women of the Champs Elysees
(one for each side of the box)
















Viking




















Crazy  Person










Red Magic












*****************


and recently it occurred to me that he might like this show.


Bingo!  Hit that nail on head.

He bought a coffee-table book of Lindstrom reproductions
back in the nineties.
For a  while, he riffed on his style
-- examples of which are shown below.



















If anything - he's gotten even wilder.

He seems to have turned his mind  inside-out.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<