Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dorian Allworthy






Dorian Allworthy
is a remarkable,
and somewhat reclusive,
Chicago artist
whom I have blogged about
more extensively
over here






In my first
(and possibly last)
full year of covering Chicago galleries
for New City
nobody showed full size nudes
(this came the closest, and Strobek lives in Denmark)







Kind of fun,
Kind of kinky,
very decorative.


Many Chicago artists
have liked to do this kind of work,
but nobody in Chicago
wants to show it in their homes.

And I've never seen anybody
do it better than Dorian.












3 Comments:

Blogger dorian allworthy said...

Hello, And Thank you for covering my show at the P&C I am so delighted to be showing here -The velvet mohair moss walls and the high ceilings are perfect for me to show off my really big work - And my wild reveries of floral and landscape work- It is such a pleasure to be among you all.

I love what you wrote and the pictures you took.I am flattered.

February 03, 2010  
Blogger chris miller said...

Hope you continue to stop by and comment, Dorian.

And I also hope you keep updating your I Love Artists" blog.

February 04, 2010  
Anonymous Artiseternal said...

Thanks for sharing these with us. K

February 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<