Monday, July 31, 2006

Middelheim open air sculpture museum



What a museum ! and what nice album of photos taken by one Wim Herten with his new Finepix camera.

All of which was discovered while hunting down the work of Shin Hongo (listed somewhere as one of the prominent figure sculptors of postwar Japan)

I guess this exemplifies how my project is proceding: somebody in Japan makes a list of Japanese sculptures -- and I stumble accross a Dutchman who made a great set of photos from an Antwerp sculpture garden.

The Middelheim open air sculpture museum really interests me -- for that most self-centered of reasons that whoever curated it picked things things that I like
(from among a huge world full of things that I don't)

Apparently, most of this public collection was assembled in the 1950's -- and by the way, the above figure running through the trees was made by the Czech sculptor, Kurt Gebauer, born in 1941.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sir G said...

Yes, and I really liked the Nuns Walking.

July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chris,

just discovered your site.

Thanks for appreciating my photo's. I always enjoy the Middelheim museum, only 15 min driving from my home.

BTW I am Belgian, not a Dutchman.

Best regards,
Wim

September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<